Sunday, March 11, 2007

Shopping in Guangzhou

Ni Hao, Ya'll - Mikel here.


Another day in beautiful and tranquil Guangzhou, AKA Canton, Ram city and others. Today we visited the Chen Family Temple and then visited a shopping area. I will let Craig fill you in with pictures and info about the former, but I thought I'd chat about the later.


It is about 2:20 PM on Sunday, March 11. Sarah conked out on the bus ride back to hotel at 12:30 so she'll be very hungry when she wakes later. Craig has gone with a few of the other families (mostly the men - while the women watch the kids - which is turn about since I've left Craig with nap duty to shop and run errands the past few days) to visit an electronics super mega store. We have most of the electronics we 'need' but you never know! I hope he will find a camera do-dad or something since the only things we've bought for him on this trip are some Kit Kat bars, a slurpee and an ice cream or two!


I have been trying to hold back my real shopping frenzy until now. Craig will disagree but oh well. I bought Sarah a silk outfit from the Hunan Embroidery Museum - the only one since I'm not happy with the quality of the silk outfits I've seen so far. She also has a silk baby blanket, a 'chop' engraved with her American (Sarah) and Chinese (FuYe) names, shoes (he he!) a couple of cotton Chinese outfits, a stroller and a few other do-dads.


Today we visited a Jade Market. It was okay. I did get a couple of things for Sarah's "16" gifts (one gift for each of the next 16 birthdays - I may spread the gifts out and give them for 'big' birthdays)


We also received her immunization records today. Tomorrow we will take the 'red couch' picture with all the babies, and have a group dinner at Lucy's (quasi American Food - not bad!) On Tuesday we will wait by the phone from 10 to noon while Rui is at the Consulate making all the final arrangements (just in case she has a question for us or we need to fill out more forms) and the Wednesday is our last round of appointments!


Oops! Sarah is awake! Bye for now! Mikel

1 comment:

Anna said...

Sarah looks great and it sounds like everyone is doing well! See you very soon!