Thursday, March 01, 2007

I ramble on

I don't want to say that all the bad luck is behind us, so I won't. Travel yesterday was uneventful. Well, except that our no-smoking flight had a smoker right in front of us! Another funny thing was how the locals started running up the aisles of the plane long before it was even close to stopping!

All the cigarette smoke and smog (and riding in the back of cars) had me flashing back to family road trips. I still get mighty car sick! Sad thing is that now I seem to be connecting the taste of the local food to the smog and I believe that keeps me from enjoying it as much as I could.

Our new guide Rae (Ray?) is a beautiful girl who seems very passionate about her job. She will travel with us the remainder of our trip.

Hope to post more soon! Free internet at this hotel! Yippee!

Mikel
8:05 AM
March 2

3 comments:

Anna said...

Have you also noticed that the plane will taxi down the runway long before people are even seated!

mombygrace said...

It's so exciting to see you there! It makes it so much more of a reality! I can't wait to see where you go next. I got goosebumps seeing you in front of the warriors, how cool! love, lisa

Anonymous said...

LOL - you are too funny. I am adding a motion sickness patch to my packing list.