Monday, March 05, 2007

Poker Face

All went according to plan upon our return to the Adoption Adminstrative & Service Center the same afternoon as meeting Sarah in the morning. We had to fill out some paper work and pledge never to abandon Sarah or mistreat her (i.e. don't let her become a UT fan). Below is a picture of our Great Wall China Adoption guide, Rui (pronounced Ray). She holds our hands at ever step of the process. She even went out of her way to get us some fomula and rice cereal last night. I apologize to Ray for the poor picture of her. She is a lovely young lady.



Today we ventured out to Wal-Mart. It was above a mall-like congregation of shops. It was pretty cold outside, so Mikel bundled up Sarah in several layers including the Dora the Explorer outfit and groovy headgear. We have already had an elderly Chinese lady come over and adjust Sarah's clothes as we did a poor job of covering her ankles. The Wal-Mart was similar to a US Wal-Mart except for the live frogs, eels, turtles and such in the fish market. You can buy half of a dried pig face, too. Mikel bought Emelda, er Sarah, six pairs of shoes today. She was wearing the shoes we got her in, which were too small for her, two different sizes and not so attractive. Notice Sarah still has her ducky.



Sarah has a poker face. She hasn't cried since Gotcha and is almost expressionless. That is until daddy got her in the shopping cart at Wal-Mart and started spinning the cart in circles. She almost cracked a smile. About the only way to get her to change her expression is to spin her or hoist her up and let her pretend to fly.




6 comments:

Maria said...

Yes, that is definitely a smile there in the bottom photos! Poor baby; I know you guys will have big, toothy grins on that sweet face before long.

I enoyed the Christmas tree (??) in the Walmart photo, too. Love the HipPanda!

Lots of love, and give Sarah a big hug for me-
Maria

Lisa Farmer said...

Ok, you have got me totally crying over these pics. Sarah is ADORABLE and I am so excited for the Salsgiver family. Congratulations and I can't wait to meet her face to face.
Lisa F

Val said...

I am way too hormonal to see such sweet pictures and know the joy you guys must be feeling. I'm crying all over the place. I hope that you're having a wonderful time!

SuperTroll23 said...

Oh yeah! I am so happy for you three! She looks so healthy! I am laughing over your comments on the Walmart since I have been to that very one!

It is nice to relive our trip through you!

Enjoy every minute and we can't wait to see you when you come home!

Sincerely,
Tami

Anna said...

She is so beautiful! I love that she is smiling already!

Anna said...

When you lift Sarah up over your head, did she drool on you like Molly does?